Retina International (RI) was established in 1978 as an international umbrella group acting as a central point of contact for patient organisations concerned with finding cures for retinal degenerative conditions including rare and age-related forms. The organisation has been successful in advocating the promotion of research and development in the retina by fostering mutual support among those affected, their families and those who provide their care. RI is a powerful voice for the global retina community with 34 active member organisations across all continents.
Recent advances in basic scientific research have transformed our understanding of the genetic basis of Inherited Retinal Disease (IRDs) opening up both new avenues of research and leading to the development of novel genetic and other therapies. However, knowledge of the burden and impact of IRDs is incomplete, impacting the development and commissioning of basic research, clinical services and the planning and implementation of clinical treatment trials. RI and its partners will undertake a formal systematic review of the literature regarding burden and impact of retinal dystrophies so as to identify knowledge gaps and potential research studies to address these gaps.
RI is seeking to recruit a strategic thinker with a track record of project management, the ability to work with mulitdiciplinary partners and to be responsible for delivering a complex project on time and on budget. The post holder will also work towards the development of a framework to facilitate the second stage of this project
- To coordinate and work with a dedicated project committee to deliver a scoping project.
- To ensure adherence to agreed milestones, deadlines and budgets.
- To prepare and disseminate regular project updates on progress to agreed measurables timelines and budgets.
- To work with the project committee to develop a framework for second stage of the project.
- To develop and implement a strategy to ensure the facilitation of the second stage of the project.
- To present outcomes at appropriate international fora.
- Experience in project management at national, regional or global level.
- A task-driven individual with the ability to coordinate a multistakeholder consortium.
- A team player who can deliver complex projects on time and to budget.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Familiarity with the area of ophthalmology desired but not a requirement.
- Fluent in English, fluency in second language an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages.
Educated to degree level in a discipline including but not limited to: business, communications and marketing, international relations, political science, social science.
Contract: Fixed term full time contract
Start: Immediate start
Reporting to: Retina International's CEO
Closing date for application Monday June 25th 2018 please address CV and cover letter to
Ms Avril Daly, CEO Retina International – firstname.lastname@example.org