Retina International (RI) was established in 1978 as an international umbrella group acting as a central point of contact for patient organisations concerned with finding cures for retinal degenerative conditions including rare and age-related forms. The organisation has been successful in advocating the promotion of research and development in the retina by fostering mutual support among those affected, their families and those who provide their care. RI is a powerful voice for the global retina community with 34 active member organisations across all continents.
Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) and Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) are among the most common causes of vision loss in the working population. To address the needs of this community, RI will facilitate a Special Interest Group (SIG) in collaboration with a coalition of global advocacy partners in the field of vision and aging. The purpose of the SIG will be to develop multistakeholder education programmes and advocacy tools focused on improving outcomes for those affected by common diseases of the retina.
RI is seeking a professional project manager with a background in the development of educational and advocacy campaigns in the health sector.
- To deliver high impact education and advocacy tools through a global coalition of patient organisations.
- To coordinate all communication, including the project specific scientific and medical advisory boards, ensuring adherence to agreed milestones, deadlines and budgets.
- To manage third party suppliers including web developers, technical support and scientific writers.
- To send regular project updates on progress to agreed measurables timelines and budgets.
- To deliver the project on time and within budget.
- To present outcomes at appropriate international fora.
- To develop growth and sustainability strategy.
- A strategic thinker with proven track record in developing and rolling out education and advocacy campaigns at national, regional or global level on time and on budget.
- A task-driven team player with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Familiarity with the area of ophthalmology desired but not a requirement.
- Fluent in English, fluency in second language an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages
Educated to degree level in a discipline including but not limited to: business, international relations, political science, social science.
Contract: Fixed term full time contract
Start: Immediate start
Reporting to: Retina International's CEO
Closing date for application Monday June 25th 2018 please address CV and cover letter to
Ms Avril Daly, CEO Retina International – email@example.com