The Power of Sight
The human eye is the lens and film of the most advanced camera in the world. It offers stunning clarity and vivid colours; focusing, adjusting and capturing images literally in the blink of an eye.
- A simple smile from a loved one can warm the heart.
- This sentence is translated from mere characters to a deeper meaning by the visual system behind your eyes.
- Movement of hand and arm to reach for cup of coffee seems so easy due to the information passed to the brain from the eye.
- Walking along a busy street while shopping our eyes warn us of oncoming crowds and in conjunction with the brain allow us to navigate a safe path.
- The sight of our favourite food stimulates our appetite and activates our salivary glands.
These are just some of the millions of ways our mind, emotions and activities are influenced by the sight through our eyes. But what if the eyes are afflicted by a condition where sight is gradually fading?
Members of Retina International share a common resolve to do all in their power to facilitate the earliest possible development of treatments and cures for Retinal Degenerative conditions, such as Retinitis Pigmentosa, Macular Degeneration, Usher Syndrome and allied retinal dystrophies.